Surface 604 Rook Cruiser Commuter Step Through 500Watt 48Volt eBike
A step-through electric bike designed for cruisers and commuters looking for comfort and power. The Rook features a 500W motor (peaks at 750W) with a 48V battery that allows riders to travel at a top speed 20MPH for up to 50 miles on a single charge. Additionally, the Rook comes fully-loaded with every feature needed to make riding effortlessly including a suspension fork, adjustable stem, built-in rear rack, front and rear fenders, and LED lights.
Why we love this eBike!
- 500w Geared Hub Motor: The Rook comes equipped with a 500W geared hub motor that is extremely powerful (peaks at 750W) and is well-suited to carry heavy loads at high speeds. With a top speed of 20MPH, the Rook provides ample power at an outstanding value.
- Long-Range Battery Pack with Power Bank: Unlike other electric assist bikes with bulky batteries taking up space on rear racks, the battery for the Rook is placed discreetly in the down tube, also assisting with better weight distribution. Our high capacity 48V / 10.4Ah Samsung lithium-ion battery provides maximum range, as the Rook can travel up to 50 miles on a single charge. As an added bonus, the battery also features a USB plug for charging mobile devices on the go.
- Torque Sensor and Throttle on Demand: With a torque sensor and throttle on demand, the Rook is great for those travelling longer distances (you can go up to 45 miles on a single charge), on a variety of grades, and needing a little extra stamina to make it to the office while still being able to enjoy the ride.
- SRAM ”1 x 10” Transmission: The Rook comes standard with a SRAM 10 speed transmission (also known as a “1 x 10”), providing ample range of gearing by one of the most respected names in bike components. The result is the ability to climb steep hills and commute with comfort and ease.
- Loaded with Extra Features: The Rook is fully loaded with every feature needed to make riding effortless, including an adjustable stem, powerful front and rear LED lights, a heavy-duty built-in rear rack (with attachments for saddlebags/paniers), front and rear fenders, and a chain guard, keeping water, mud and grease off clothes and ensuring riders arrive fresh and mess-free.
The Nitty Gritty
Drive System: Bafang rear-mounted geared drive hub
Motor: 500w+ (peaks at 750w)
Drive Mode: Torque sensing pedal assist with a thumb throttle
Top Speed: 20mph (32km/h)
Battery: 48V 10.4Ah / 500Wh Samsung lithium-ion
Charge Time: 5 hours for a full charge from empty
Battery Life: Up to 50mi (80km) depending on mode
Weight Including Battery: 55lbs (25kg)
Display Type: Fixed, backlit LCD display
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X5 10-speed
Cassette: SRAM PowerGlide™ 1070, 11-36T
Shift Levers: SRAM X5 trigger shift
Brakes: Tektro Auriga hydraulic disc, post mount, 160mm rotor
Fork: SR Suntour XCT
Frame Type: Step-Through
Frame Material: 6061 aluminum alloy
Pedals: Wellgo platform
Handlebar: 620mm, 15% backsweep, 20mm rise
Grips: Ergonomic rubber
Seatpost Diameter: 30.4mm
Saddle: Selle Royal, ergonomic, wide
Tires: 26″ x 2.1″ Kenda Kranium
Added Features: Chain guard, rear rack, fenders (front and rear), LED lights (front and rear)
Sizes Available: Small-Medium: 17.5″ (rider height 5’2” to 5’7”), Medium-Large: 19″ (rider height 5’8” to 6’6”)
Standover Height: Small-Medium: 508mm, Medium-Large: 546mm
Weight Capacity: 285lbs (130kg)