Surface 604 Boar E350 Fat Tire eBike
A fat-tire electric bike designed to tackle the most rugged terrain. Built with a powerful motor and quality brand name components (SRAM, FSA, Tektro, and Kenda), the Surface 604 Boar can travel up to 50 miles on a single charge and offers uncompromising performance at outstanding value.
Why we love this bike!
- Ultra-Quiet motor, High Torque Geared Hub Motor: The Boar comes equipped with a fat bike specific 350W motor (extra-wide 190mm) that is extremely powerful (peaks at 750W) and is well-suited to carry heavy loads.
- Low Profile Battery Placement: The Boar’s aluminum frame has been completely custom designed in Canada by Surface 604. We’ve placed the battery discreetly in the down tube, keeping the center of gravity low – lower than any other fat e-bike on the market – to provide maximum stability and control over long distances, as the Boar can travel up to 50 miles on a single charge.
- Torque Sensing Motor Actuation: Most pedal assist systems (PAS) on e-bikes use cheap cadence sensors that are governed only by the pedaling motion, which results in a choppy ride as the motor cuts in and out. The Boar on the other hand is equipped with a much more sophisticated torque sensor system that senses how much torque you apply to the pedals; the harder you pedal, the more power the electric motor provides. The outcome is a smooth power delivery and the feeling of a natural ride more akin to a regular bike. Torque sensor systems are also much more efficient in terms of power consumption (versus cadence sensors), which is why the Boar can travel up to 50 miles on a single charge!
- SRAM ”1 x 10” Transmission: The Boar comes standard with a SRAM 10 speed transmission (also known as a “1 x 10”), providing ample range of gearing by one of the most respected names in bike components. The result is the ability to climb steep hills and conquer the most rugged terrain with ease.
- Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes: The added power of an electric bike makes braking very important when it comes safe riding. That’s why we went straight for top of the line Tektro Hydraulic Disc Brakes. Furthermore, the Boar was designed to carry heavy loads (thanks to optional front and rear cargo racks) making the power of hydraulic brakes all the more necessary.
Custom Built Cargo Racks & Fenders: The Boar is the pick-up truck of bikes! That’s why we’ve designed custom racks (front and rear) and fenders to make the Boar well-suited to carry cargo in all weather conditions. The front rack has attachments for saddlebags/panniers and a large platform conveniently sized to fit a 12-pack of beer. The rear rack also fits standard saddlebags/panniers and is rated for a whopping 100lbs of cargo. For many of us, all-season riding includes rain and snow so custom aluminum fenders make riding easy in all conditions.
Front and Rear Racks cost $119 each. Fenders cost $99 for the set.
See Why ElectricBikeReview.com Loved the Boar!
The Nitty Gritty
Drive System: Bafang fat bike specific geared hub motor
Motor: 350w+ (peaks at 750w)
Top Speed: 20mph (32km/h)
Battery: 36V 13.3Ah / 478Wh Samsung lithium-ion
Charge Time: 6 hours for a full charge from empty
Battery Life: Up to 50mi (80km) depending on mode
Weight Including Battery: 57lbs (26kg)
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X5 10-speed
Cassette: SRAM PowerGlide™ 1070, 11-36T
Shift Levers: SRAM X5 trigger shift
Brakes: Tektro Auriga hydraulic disc, post mount, 160mm rotor
Crankset: FSA 36T, Q-factor 209 Fat Bike Crankset
Headset: FSA tapered 1 1/8″- 1 1/2″
Fork: Proprietary design, tapered steerer, 150mm x 15mm thru-axle
Frame Type: Tapered headtube, custom reinforced battery mounts, internal cable routing, post mount brakes
Frame Material: 6061 aluminum alloy
Pedals: Wellgo platform
Handlebar: Promax aluminum, 35mm rise, 670mm wide, 9 degree sweep, 31.8mm
Grips: Full length 122mm, black colour
Seatpost Diameter: 27.2mm
Tires: 26″ x 4″ Kenda Juggernaut (standard), 26″ x 4.5″ Kenda Juggernaut Sport (upgrade option)
Rims: 26″ x 80mm single wall aluminum
Front Hub: 150mm x 15mm thru-axle sealed bearing
Sizes Available: Small-Medium: 17.5″ (rider height 5’2” to 5’7”), Medium-Large: 19″ (rider height 5’8” to 6’6”)
Standover Height: Small-Medium: 730mm, Medium-Large: 760mm
Weight Capacity: 285lbs (130kg)
|TTH. Top Tube Length (mm)||593.0||620.0|
|HTA. Head Tube Angle (deg)||70.0||70.0|
|HTL. Head Tube length (mm)||145.0||145.0|
|STA. Seat Tube Angle (deg)||73.0||73.0|
|STL. Seat Tube length (mm)||444.5||482.6|
|CSL. Chainstay Length (mm)||455.0||455.0|
|WB. Wheelbase (mm)||1107.0||1134.0|